Creates a windows shortcut to the installed software.
int WindowsShortcut( FolderObject aTarget, FolderObject aShortcutPath, String aDescription, FolderObject aWorkingPath, String aParams, FolderObject aIcon, Number aIconId);
windowsShortcut method has the following parameters:
- A FileSpecObject representing the absolute path (including filename) to file that the shortcut will be created for.
- A FileSpecObject representing the absolute path (not including filename) to where the shortcut is to be created.
- String description for the shortcut to be used as the shortcut name with a .lnk extension (do not include .lnk in the string).
- A FileSpecObject representing the absolute path to the working dir for where aTarget will is to be run from.
- Parameters that aTarget requires.
- A FileSpecObject representing the absolute path (including fiilename) to a file that contains icons. Can be either .ico, .dll, .exe, or any other binary file that contains icons.
- Index of the icon from aIcon to use for this shortcut.
An integer error code. For a list of possible values, see Return Codes.
See File.windowsShortcut in the script examples chapter.