Tagging consists of adding meta-information to pages so that related content can be grouped, for example in the search tool.
- Where does it need to be done?
- What do you need to know to do the task?
- What are the steps to do it?
- Choose one of the pages in the list linked above.
- Click on the article link to load the page.
- Once the page has loaded, click the EDIT button near its top; this puts you into the MDN editor.
- At least the tag
Tag What pages to use it on
prototypes Object type name methods of an object; for example String.fromCharCode should have the tag
features added in a new ECMAScript version
deprecated features (whose use is discouraged but still supported)
obsolete features (which are no longer supported in modern browsers) others See MDN tagging standards for other possible tags to apply
- Save with a comment.
- You're done!