Firefox ships with an open-source crash reporting system. This system is combination of projects:
- Google Breakpad client and server libraries
- Mozilla-specific crash reporting user interface and bootstrap code
- Socorro Collection and reporting server
Where did my crash get submitted?
Crash data submitted using the Mozilla Crash Reporter is located on crash-stats. If you want to find a specific crash that you submitted, you first need to find the Crash ID that the server has assigned your crash. Type
about:crashes into your location bar to get a page listing both submitted and unsubmitted crash reports. For more information, see How to get a stacktrace for a bug report.
Reports and queries
crash-stats has built-in reports of "topcrashes" for each release grouped by signature. There is also a custom query tool which allows users to limit searches on more precise information.
Finally, a set of Mozilla employees have access to directly query the underlying data in either SQL summary or using mapreduce on the storage cluster. If you are interested in obtaining this advanced access, contact Gabriele Svelto.
- Understanding crash reports
- A guide to searching crash reports
- Crash pings (Telemetry) and crash reports (Socorro/Crash Stats)
- Building Firefox with Debug Symbols
- Environment variables affecting crash reporting
- Uploading Symbols to Mozilla's Symbol Server
- In-code documentation