The collection of sample code here demonstrates how NSS can be used for cryptographic operations, certificate handling, SSL, etc. It also demonstrates some best practices in the application of cryptography.
Old samples in the process of being replaced.
- Sample Code 1: Key Generation and Transport Between Servers
- Sample Code 2: Symmetric Encryption
- Sample Code 3: Hashing, MAC
- Sample Code 4: PKI Encryption
- Sample Code 5: PKI Encryption with a raw public & private key in DER format
- Sample Code 6: Persistent Symmetric Keys in NSS database
These are very old examples in need of replacement. See https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=490238
You are welcome to download the new samples via:
hg clone https://hg.mozilla.org/projects/nss; cd nss; hg update SAMPLES_BRANCH