NSS Tools certutil-tasks
NSS Security Tools: certutil Tasks
- Better error reporting. Most certutil errors provide no detail. Mistakes with command-line options just print a usage message.
- Improve certificate listings. Allow for sorting by name and trust. Sorting by trust will return CA certs first.
- Allow listing and lookup of keys by index and nickname.
- Improve coherence of key and certificate nicknames.
- Remove keys "stranded" without a certificate (except for the imminent (????) encryption key for password files).
- Support importing keys from a file.
- Improve hardware token support.
- (bugfix) Some certificate extensions cause certutil to crash.
- (bugfix) Certificate entries require a serial number; one should be generated automatically if not provided.
- (bugfix) Null password is given to new
key3.db; should prompt user for an initial password.
- (bugfix) Listing provate keys does not work: requires password authentication.
- (bugfix) Listing certificate extensions has typos and does not provide much information.