There are two types of watchpoints: get and set. A get watchpoint pauses whenever a property is read, and a set watchpoint pauses whenever a property value changes.
Set a watchpoint
- Run and then pause the debugger.
- In the Scopes pane on the right side of the Debugger user interface, find an object you want to watch, and right-click it to open its menu.
- Choose Property set or Property get.
A blue watchpoint icon appears in to the right of the property in the Scopes pane.
- Click Play or press F8 to resume execution.
View a watchpoint
When the watched property is accessed in the way specified by the watchpoint type (get or set), the debugger pauses, enabling you to see line of code responsible, and to inspect anything else you wish at that time.
In the following screenshot, the debugger pauses at line 7, where
obj.a is set. The message panel in the upper right corner indicates that the debugger is "Paused on property set".
Delete a watchpoint
- Locate the watched property in the Scopes pane.
- Click the blue watchpoint icon. The watchpoint is removed.