The network monitor provides two toolbar areas, one above the main section, and another below.
The toolbar is at the top of the main network monitor window.
- An icon to clear the network request list.
- A box enabling you to filter requests by URL and by properties.
- An array of icons to filter the network request list by type:
- by the content type of the response
- XHR requests
- WebSocket upgrades and messages (labeled WS)
- By default, the Network Monitor is cleared each time you navigate to a new page or reload the current page. You can change this behavior by clicking on the Persist Logs checkbox.
- A checkbox that allows you to disable caching.
- HAR (Logging to an HTTP Archive file, with the extension
A second toolbar area at the bottom of the network monitor provides:
- An icon to launch performance analysis.
- A summary of this page, including the number of requests, total size, and total time.
Network Monitor features
The following articles cover different aspects of using the network monitor: