let rtcErrorDetail = rtcError.errorDetail;
A read-only string whose value indicates the type of WebRTC-specific error that occurred on an
RTCPeerConnection. The possible values are taken from the
- The connection's
- The negotiation of the DTLS connection failed, or the connection was terminated with a fatal error. The error's
messagecontains details about the nature of the error. If a fatal error is received, the error object's
receivedAlertproperty is set to the value of the DTLSL alert received. If, on the other hand, a fatal error was sent, the
sentAlertis set to the alert's value.
- The remote certificate for the
RTCDtlsTransportdidn't match any of the fingerprints listed in the SDP. If the remote peer can't match the local certificate against the provided fingerprints, this error doesn't occur, though this situation may result instead in a
- The hardsare encoder doesn't support the given configuration parameters.
- The hardware encoder resources required to accomplish the requested operation aren't available.
- The SCTP negotiation has failed, or the connection has terminated with a fatal error. The SCTP cause code can be found in the
sctpCauseCode. SCTP error cause codes 1-13 are defined in the SCTP specification: RFC 4960, section 3.3.10.
- The SDP syntax is invalid. The error's
sdpLineNumberproperty indicates the line number within the SDP at which the error was detected.
|WebRTC 1.0: Real-time Communication Between Browsers
The definition of 'RTCError.errorDetail' in that specification.
|Candidate Recommendation||Initial definition.|
No compatibility data found. Please contribute data for "api.RTCError.errorDetail" (depth: 1) to the MDN compatibility data repository.