Interact with browser windows. You can use this API to get information about open windows and to open, modify, and close windows. You can also listen for window open, close, and activate events.
- windows.get() (en-US)
- Gets details about a window, given its ID.
- windows.getCurrent() (en-US)
- Gets the current window.
- windows.getLastFocused() (en-US)
- Gets the window that was most recently focused — typically the window 'on top'.
- windows.getAll() (en-US)
- Gets all windows.
- windows.create() (en-US)
Creates a new window.
- windows.update() (en-US)
- Updates the properties of a window. Use this to move, resize, and (un)focus a window, etc.
- windows.remove() (en-US)
- Closes a window, and all its tabs.
BCD tables only load in the browser
Promises are not supported in Edge. Use callbacks instead.