To learn more about how BananaBread was done, see these blogposts:
- Move with WASD, jump with space, look around with the mouse.
- Shoot with the mouse, change weapons with 1-5.
- You can change some settings using the main menu (press 0 or
`). For example, add another bot with "add bot", or change the resolution with options->res.
- 'e' toggles edit mode, which lets you fly around the map and actually modify it.
- Press 9 to toggle thirdperson mode (to see your own character)
BananaBread Repo: https://github.com/kripken/BananaBread/
Emscripten Repo: https://github.com/kripken/emscripten
Please note that up to date versions of modern browers are needed to run this demo, and it will not launch if it detects crucial features are missing.
- The demo works properly in the stable releases of Firefox (since August 2012) and Chrome (since September 2012).
- The demo should also work in any browser that supports the necessary web standards: Pointer lock, WebGL, compressed textures, fullscreen, and typed arrays.
- If you have trouble with WebGL, get help here.
See the project FAQ (specifically the technical part) for solutions to common problems.
- Internet Explorer can't run the demo because it does not support WebGL yet. Please ask Microsoft to support it.
- Older versions of Safari lack Float64Array and cannot run the compiled code.
- Sound has some glitches in Chrome.
- Mesa on Firefox 15 on Linux does not support compressed textures, but it works in Firefox 16.