You’re reading the English version of this content since no translation exists yet for this locale. Help us translate this article!
Standalone source code releases can be found on the Releases page.
- SpiderMonkey Build Documentation
- How to get SpiderMonkey source code, build it, and run the test suite.
- JSAPI User Guide
- JSAPI cookbook
- GC Rooting Guide
- Guide on how to write code compatible with the Generational GC in SpiderMonkey.
- An older tutorial about embedding SpiderMonkey.
Hacking on SpiderMonkey
- New to SpiderMonkey
- A guide to hacking on SpiderMonkey.
- Setting up CDT to work on SpiderMonkey
- How to configure Eclipse to work on the SpiderMonkey code.
- Contributing to SpiderMonkey (YouTube)
- A video that is less than four minutes long.
- JSAPI Reference
- SpiderMonkey API reference.
- JS Debugger API Reference
- API reference for the
Debuggerobject introduced in SpiderMonkey 1.8.6, which corresponds to Gecko 8.0 (Firefox 8.0 / Thunderbird 8.0 / SeaMonkey 2.5).
- Bytecode descriptions
- Listing of SpiderMonkey's bytecodes.
- Parser API
Tips, tricks and philosophy
- Future Directions
- Future directions for functionality, design, and coding practices.
- SpiderMonkey Internals
- A design overview and a file-by-file walkthrough of the implementation.
- Bytecode Reference
- SpiderMonkey bytecode reference.
- SpiderMonkey Internals: GC
- Separate internals article on the GC
- SpiderMonkey Internals: Hacking Tips
- Collection of helpful tips & tools for hacking on the engine