Вы читаете английскую версию этой статьи, так как пока нет перевода на данный язык. Помогите нам перевести эту статью!
Firefox 17 shipped on November 20, 2012. This article lists key changes that are useful for not only web developers, but also Firefox and Gecko developers as well as add-on developers.
Changes for Web developers
- Support for
@supportsat-rule defined in CSS3 Conditional Rules specification has been landed. It is disabled by default. Developers can try it by setting
layout.css.supports-rule.enabledto true (bug 649740).
- Support for the CSS Selectors Level 4 pseudo-class
:dir()allowing selection of elements based on their directionality has landed. (bug 562169)
- Support for the newly specified
isolate-overridevalue of the CSS
unicode-bidivalue has landed (bug 774335)
- Our prefixed implementation of
box-sizingnow takes into account
max-height. One step closer to its unprefixing (bug 308801)
- Support for
CSSSupportsRuleinterface defined in CSS3 Conditional Rules specification has been landed (bug 649740)
- Support for
wheelevent have been landed (bug 719320).
- Support DOM Meta key on Linux again (bug 751749).
HTMLMediaElement, a new method,
- Support for
Range.intersectsNodehas been added again; it has been removed in Gecko 1.9 (bug 579638.
Range.compareBoundaryPoints()now throws a
NOT_SUPPORTED_ERRvalue when the comparison method is invalid (bug 714279) .
Event.initEvent()has been adapted to the spec: it doesn't throw anymore if called after the dispatch of the event, it is only a no-op (bug 768310).
- The non-standard
XMLHttpRequest.onuploadrequestproperty has been removed (bug 761278).
- The method
XMLHttpRequest.getAllResponseHeaders()now separates them with a CRLF (instead of a LF), as requested by the spec (bug 730925).
Stringobject now offers Harmony
containsmethods (bug 772733).
- The String methods link and anchor now escape the
'"'(quotation mark) (bug 352437).
- Experimental support for strawman
ParallelArrayobject has been implemented (bug 778559).
- Support to iterate
- Disabled E4X for web content by default (bug 778851).
__exposedProps__set will fail silently (bug 553102).
for..ofloops now work in terms of
EXT_texture_filter_anisotropicWebGL extension has been unprefixed. Using
"MOZ_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic"will present a warning from now on. The prefixed name is going to be removed in a future release (bug 776001).
- The parsing of the
<mtable>elements has been updated to treat optional spaces more correctly.
- Removed the the non-standard feature
XMLHttpRequest.onuploadprogresswhich was deprecaed in Firefox 14.
- Change JSTerm's $ helper function from getElementById to querySelector() (bug 751749).
The Gecko part of the user agent string changed. The build date (which hadn't been updated since 2010) was removed, and the Gecko version number was put in its place instead. So
Gecko/17.0. This may affect you if you are doing user agent sniffing.
Changes for add-on and Mozilla developers
available()method returns 64-bit length instead of 32-bit (bug 215450).
sendMouseScrollEvent()method has been replaced with
open()method, to open the file dialog asynchronously, has been added and the
show()method has been deprecated (bug 731307).
checkLoadURI()methods have been removed (bug 327244).
setupRefreshURIFromHeader()method has a added
principalparameter (bug 327244).
- Firefox 17 Release Notes
- Aurora 17 is out, bringing better security and support for new standards (Mozilla Hacks)
- Site Compatibility for Firefox 17
- Add-on Compatibility for Firefox 17 (Add-ons Blog)
- Firefox 16 for developers
- Firefox 15 for developers
- Firefox 14 for developers
- Firefox 13 for developers
- Firefox 12 for developers
- Firefox 11 for developers
- Firefox 10 for developers
- Firefox 9 for developers
- Firefox 8 for developers
- Firefox 7 for developers
- Firefox 6 for developers
- Firefox 5 for developers
- Firefox 4 for developers
- Firefox 3.6 for developers
- Firefox 3.5 for developers
- Firefox 3 for developers
- Firefox 2 for developers
- Firefox 1.5 for developers