Use the sessions API to list, and restore, tabs and windows that have been closed while the browser has been running.
The sessions.getRecentlyClosed() (en-US) function returns an array of
tabs.Tab and windows.Window (en-US) objects, representing tabs and windows that have been closed since the browser was running, up to the maximum defined in sessions.MAX_SESSION_RESULTS (en-US).
You can then restore a window or tab using the sessions.restore() (en-US) function. Restoring doesn't just reopen the tab: it also restores the tab's navigation history so the back/forward buttons will work.
This API also provides a group of functions that enable an extension to store additional state associated with a tab or a window. Then, if the tab or window is closed and subsequently restored, the extension can retrieve the state. For example, a tab grouping extension might use this to remember which group a tab is in, so as to restore it into the right group if the user restores the tab.
To use the sessions API you must have the "sessions" API permission.
- sessions.forgetClosedTab() (en-US)
- Removes a closed tab from the browser's list of recently closed tabs.
- sessions.forgetClosedWindow() (en-US)
- Removes a closed window from the browser's list of recently closed windows.
- sessions.getRecentlyClosed() (en-US)
- Returns an array of
Sessionobjects, representing windows and tabs that were closed in the current browsing session (that is: the time since the browser was started).
- sessions.restore() (en-US)
Restores a closed tab or window.
- sessions.setTabValue() (en-US)
Store a key/value pair associated with a given tab.
- sessions.getTabValue() (en-US)
Retrieve a previously stored value for a given tab, given its key.
- sessions.removeTabValue() (en-US)
Remove a key/value pair from a given tab.
- sessions.setWindowValue() (en-US)
Store a key/value pair associated with a given window.
- sessions.getWindowValue() (en-US)
Retrieve a previously stored value for a given window, given its key.
- sessions.removeWindowValue() (en-US)
Remove a key/value pair from a given window.
- sessions.onChanged (en-US)
Fired when a tab or window is closed.
BCD tables only load in the browser